topcurve
simple caravan insurance news

Caravan blaze destroys Christmas presents

30

Dec

2011

 Simple Caravan Insurance@ 12:00 AM
Caravan blaze destroys Christmas presents

Holidaymakers have been reminded of their need for caravan insurance after a tourer parked in a driveway in Staffordshire went up in flames, destroying £300 worth of Christmas presents.

The blaze on Moorcroft Close, Cheadle, was believed to have been started by an electrical fault and resulted in a computer, television and DVD player all being damaged, the Sentinel reports.

Elizabeth Hancock, who had bought the gifts for her eight-year-old daughter Milayna Mijailovic, noted: "The caravan went up in seconds. I just saw smoke coming past the window and rushed out and saw it go up in flames."

The incident occurred on Christmas Eve, but the family has been inundated with presents - including toys, clothes and treats - from well-wishers determined to not let the fire ruin the family's special day.

Among the gifts received by Milayna were a guitar, microphone, scooter and computer games.

The news comes after Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service recently offered fire safety tips to caravanners, which included keeping a fire extinguisher by the door and fitting a smoke alarm.

Get a caravan insurance quote today from Simple Caravan Insurance.ADNFCR-3576-ID-801251771-ADNFCR