Caravanners warned of barbeque dangers

31/08/2011
Caravanners in the UK have been warned of the dangers of using barbecues while on domestic holidays following an incident near Newquay.
 
Five people were treated in hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at the Trevella Caravan Park at Crantock - which has been selected by Professor David Bellamy to receive a Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award 13 times - with the gas used for food preparation believed to be the cause of the event.

Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service noted two adults and three children - from the same family - were taken to the Royal Cornwall Hospital, with a spokesman from the fire service stating: "Five casualties (two adults and three children) were found to be suffering the effects of this odourless and colourless gas."

He explained a barbecue appliance is thought to have been the reason for the poisoning - suggesting caravanners looking to prepare meals in this way may want to take extra care when doing so.

For caravan insurance online why not get a quote today from Simple Caravan Insurance.